My home and garden:

Welcome to my blog. I hope you get plenty of enjoyment and inspiration out of it. My style is a well-sifted mix of vintage, classic, country, and a little shabby chic, combined with an obsession with storage and organisation. I have based my styling decisions on the era and feel of my little cottage house - it is about to celebrate it's 100th year anniversary, barely 140m2 on a steep little quarter-acre block looking out to the Paremata inlet, marina, and up to the hills of Whitirea Park.

Sunday 20 September 2015

Annie Sloane Ladder in "Florence"


Here's my inspiration: an old painter's ladder picked up off Trademe for $16. As we have 2.8m ceilings, we often need a ladder to reach shelves.

Treatment:
  • Wash with Sugar Soap
  • Putty up a few old borer holes
  • Sand these off
  • One coat of Annie Sloane Chalk Paint in "Florence"
  • Sand back with 100grit sandpaper, paying especial attention to the centre fronts of treads and outer edges where they would naturally wear the most. This will expose the original paint drips.
  • Wax roughly with Annie Sloane Clear Wax, one area at a time
  • Follow this immediately in each area with Annie Sloane Dark Wax
  • Buff until glowing


Here's the result.



No comments:

Post a Comment